Skip to main content

Remembrance Sunday Birmingham 2006

I have noticed that quite a few people are looking at my photographic record of Remembrance Sunday in 2005. I, therefore, took photos from my seat in the VIP stand plus a few others.

I have suggested that the City Council kept a documentary photographic record of major city events such as Remembrance Sunday and post them on the web. If I remember to chase this up it would be relatively easy to do. What is important is to do a better job with events than people such as the BBC. For example you should ensure that each of the groups attending is photographed. That is much like the Jang or Kashmir Post that photograph all the people at a meeting. The BBC editorially select what they think are good photos. That misses out much of what happens.

My difficulty is that often I am involved in the event such as playing the Guitar at St Patrick's day so I cannot do a proper record.

However, for remembrance Sunday 2006 in Birmingham's Centenary Square you need to start with a properly dressed Council House.
image13
Note that the Council wishes people a Happy Christmas not a Happy Winterval.
image12
The parade is gathered:
image3
image4
imave5
Most of the event is run from the Hall of Remembrance
image6
and it ends with a march past the Lord Mayor
image7
image8
I have photographed all the main wreaths, but here are only a selection. If anyone asks me to update this with all of them I will.
image9
image10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Its the long genes that stop working

People who read my blog will be aware that I have for some time argued that most (if not all) diseases of aging are caused by cells not being able to produce enough of the right proteins. What happens is that certain genes stop functioning because of a metabolic imbalance. I was, however, mystified as to why it was always particular genes that stopped working. Recently, however, there have been three papers produced: Aging is associated with a systemic length-associated transcriptome imbalance Age- or lifestyle-induced accumulation of genotoxicity is associated with a generalized shutdown of long gene transcription and Gene Size Matters: An Analysis of Gene Length in the Human Genome From these it is obvious to see that the genes that stop working are the longer ones. To me it is therefore obvious that if there is a shortage of nuclear Acetyl-CoA then it would mean that the probability of longer Genes being transcribed would be reduced to a greater extent than shorter ones.